Monday, February 11, 2013

Shakira Quotes

Shakira Quotes


  • Known as: Shakira
  • Born: February 2, 1977
  • Star Sign: Aquarius
  • Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia
  • Occupation: Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, dancer, philanthropist

I think that that’s why I am probably a romantic and a passionate person. But I also have a very disciplined side, very disciplined and very demanding. Sometimes my sense of responsibility is my worst torturer.
Shakira
I wish there was a chance for you and me, I wish you couldn’t find a place to be, away from here.
Shakira
I had a big collection of fried eggs that I painted.
Shakira
I’m lucky to have family around me. Otherwise, I’ll be taking the risk of falling in love with myself. But there are always people close to me who I trust, who will scold me and pull my ears if I need it. Fame isolates people from reality. That happens to many artists, and I don’t want it to happen to me.
Shakira
Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don’t confuse them with mountains.
Shakira (lyrics)
I admire a person who, for the love of art, is able to take off their clothes in front of a camera. But I’m not capable, I’m too cowardly for that.
Shakira
My songs are the reflection of how I think and how I feel in that moment. But I’m conscious of the fact that artists have a responsibility before the masses and they have to take care with their words.
Shakira
Writing in English was a major challenge. I didn’t want other songwriters to write for me. I wanted to preserve the spirit of my songs in Spanish. I am the same Shakira in English as I am in Spanish.
Shakira
For several years I worried a lot about protecting an image, but today I have understood that the image cannot be preconceived.
Shakira
It’s not easy to work with me, I recognize that. It’s not easy if those people aren’t as perfectionistic as I am.

 admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself.
Shakira
It doesn’t bother me to talk about my private life, it doesn’t bother me to talk about anything. My life is like a glass of water, transparent.
Shakira
I don’t like the competition part of soccer. It’s a war in short pants. I prefer art.
Shakira
I’m Colombian and nothing will change that.
Shakira
I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me the truth that is when I will give my heart.
Shakira
Writing songs has a therapeutic effect, and it either kills off love, or wins the heart of the lover.
Shakira
I want some day to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.
Shakira
I always believed that women have rights and that there are some women that are intelligent enough to claim those rights. There are some others that are stupid enough not to.
Shakira
In this life, to earn your place, you have to fight for it.
Shakira
You’re a song written by the hands of God.
I don’t go out without make up. I’m a woman, you know.
Shakira
Everyone can know what is in my heart because I find it hard to conceal myself.
Shakira
 


No comments:

Post a Comment